Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Million Dollar Quartet

 My birthday was on Sunday so my husband (Dave) took me to see Million Dollar Quartet. It was Fantastic! SO, today's awesome stuff post is about Million Dollar Quartet...and Rockabilly, of course!


If you haven't seen it and you're into rockabilly, it's a MUST see! MDQ is a "musical" about an actual event. It's about the one day Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Elvis were all hanging out at Sun Records jamming together. It was the last time all 4 rock'n' rollers spent time together in the same studio and you get to hear the actual recording they made. I don't want to spoil anything, so I will spare the details, but it's really a great show and a LOT of fun!

We went to the Chicago show and the actors do such a good job...well...ACTING..and also playing their instruments! You want to get up and dance through entire production AND you're super close to the stage the entire time so you can definitley see the action. Check it out!    

Get Tickets Here!


Me at the Sun Records Museum in Nashville!







1 comment:

  1. Oh! Your birthday was Sunday! I didn't know - we have to do a belated celebration!

    ReplyDelete