Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Soundtrack

Well, Hello There!

My Friday Soundtrack was a hit last week so, I've decided to try and do this every Friday. Today I am listening to a lot of soul. Soul is one of my favorite genres as well. So today, I will be sharing with you some of my personal favorites. The first being...

Sam Cooke 
sigh*

He has the most beautiful voice ever. He's on my top 5 favorite artists (and that is not an easy list to be on!). This is one of my most favorite songs...probably ever...but definitely by him. He was shot by a hotel owner in 1964 under suspicious circumstances. :*(  

Ruth Brown

She's AWESOME! She knows how to belt with some sass and she's gorgeous. I love her music because she has such a unique voice is  lot of fun to listen to. Check her out!

Jackie Wilson

Speaking of fun to listen to, Jackie Wilson is a fun one! He also has the best hair out of the bunch ;).  His voice is just the right mix of frilly and harshness and it will give you goose bumps. I love to listen to him before I leave the house for a night out.  

Solomon Burke

One of the pioneers of soul music. His voice it so smooth and clear, but keeps the dirt and grit in there too. If you're having a bad day, you should listen to Solomon Burke. The day will melt away like butta! ;)

Miss Etta James

I was so sad when she passed this year. By far one of the best voices on earth. This is one of my favorite songs. It's not frilly or pretty, but it sure as hell makes you wanna dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment